Friday, February 5, 2010

 I had to be really annoying to this deer to get this shot; hooting and wolf whistling to get its attention. It finally paused from drinking from what must be a field spring (a potential bog- how bout that!) so I could see its head. It stared at me for a few minutes before it decided it was horribly afraid and ran for its dear (?) life. I was mildly surprised that it took so long to react. Surprised that it made it through hunting season with such slo-mo instincts.

I would like to think that it pondered me as well and sensed no threat. Maybe it was waiting for me to make the 1st move and finally was just too creeped out. What ever its thoughts, it didn't diminish its beauty. There's just something about a deer.  

So I thought I'd share this with you as I found myself smiling when I had the few moments with this deer. As a storm is on its way here and we'll all either be hunkered down or scraping windshields for the next few days - we can use a smile. God provides for this deer and he provides for us - so we can relax and enjoy His provision.

cJa




No comments:

Post a Comment